This blog has been created so the people who call McDonald County, Missouri, their home, both now and in the past, can document, and share our County's rich history. Welcome Home!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Work Day - 02-26-11

Gracious Me! I got so busy with the Soup Fundraiser that I forgot to post the work day! No wonder folks were asking yesterday about the work day today (because I know you all are checking the blog but too shy to post someting.) Yes, we will be working today. We are ready to pull off the paneling in the courtroom upstairs and take out that false ceiling to let those beautiful wood beams shine through! Both of the upstairs rooms have had the paneling stripped and are ready to lose their false ceilings today too. We have at least two new volunteers arriving that I know of, so come on in if you're not busy!

3 comments:

  1. It's a great Sunday morning and I'm up, but movin' slow... I hope Virigina and Jerry are movin too.... It was a good work day, but we didn't accomplish as much as we had hoped. The paneling in the upstairs courtroom is glued instead of nailed. The removal is going slow! We were unable to remove some of the ceiling tiles and see the beams. They are beautiful! We found several "treasures" but you're going to have to post a comment to find out what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see photos of the progress of this treasure hunt and restoration! Show photos please!

    I told my 83-year-old father that we'll try to attend one of these work days. We have a long drive but I know he'd be thrilled to visit with everyone again and to honor his grandfather in this way. Dad will mostly watch but we'll bring food and I can certainly roll up the sleeves and work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That would be terrific! Even just to have you come along for a visit! We'll look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete